Monday, May 16, 2005

My Small Input On The Malcolm Glazer Story

I have been trying to avoid this whole Man U & Malcolm Glazer story. But I read an interesting tidbit in regards to NFL ownership. I was reading a story on the potential sale of the Minnesota Vikings football team. One of the suitors is a local business man named Glen Taylor. He is also the owner of the Minnesota Timberwolves NBA team. In the article it stated that Taylor (BTW he is second in line at a chance to buy the team) under current NFL bylaws would not be eligible to buy the football team, because the league prohibits its owners from being majority owners in other major sports franchises. So in order to buy the Vikings, Taylor would have to first sell the Timberwolves. After reading this, I suddenly thought of Glazers purchase of Man U and how that might be affected by the NFL protocols. Its a whole new territory of thought. Interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts