Monday, March 14, 2011

du Nord 2011 MLS First Kick Preview

With the 2011 MLS season about to begin I thought I would group teams as I see them standing today. (This leaves me lots of wiggle room down the line to look smarter than I am.) Judging from the past 2 seasons I don't see any reason to try and predict who might win it all at this stage.

If a team gets a lot of injuries it can destroy the season. If a team gets lucky with a few unknowns it can make their season sing. If they make the right roster moves as the season goes on they can win the whole thing. Then there is getting hot at the right time, and our old pal luck.

But for today I give you just a snap shot as I see the teams, one day before the new season begins.

Season 16.

THE BEST
FC Dallas
LA Galaxy
New York Red Bulls
Real Salt Lake

PRETTY GOOD
Colorado Rapids
Houston Dynamo
San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders FC

MIDDLE OF THE ROAD
Columbus Crew
DC United
Sporting Kansas City

KINDA NOT SO HOT
Chicago Fire SC
New England Revolution
Philadelphia Union
Toronto FC

PRETTY BAD
CD Chivas USA
Portland Timbers
Vancouver Whitecaps FC
Newer Posts Older Posts