Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Mystery Box Arrives!

(click on all pictures to enlarge quite a bit)

So, the Fed Ex guy walked into my office with a fairly heavy package for me.
















Halliburton?!?! Was Dick Cheney finally sending his goons after me?
















I opened the box and pulled out the goods. Then undid the tape and took off the bubble wrap.
















There was a manila envelope on top of a heavy duty silver attache case!
















The envelope was then opened, and a letter inside gave me instruction. I would get a combination sent to me at 10am on Thursday morning via email, because the briefcase was locked!





















I checked out the combination on the lock and noticed it was pre-set at 666. Only someone with a Cheney sense of humor does that. Sadly it was not my code to open it.
















The case was very nice, and engraved with the US Soccer logo and the Nike logo. But I would have to wait.
















Finally the email arrived with the secret code to open the case, and what was inside was very exciting - the brand new white USA shirt especially designed for the World Cup! Oh yes.
















Sitting on top of that was a flash drive.
















And then underneath the white shirt, was none other than the blue 2nd kit that was introduced to us in London 2 months ago! Wow.
















So there we have it, an amazing package from Nike to show off an amazing new shirt.
















I know US Soccer is already selling them, and I would bet that your fave shop will have them soon if not already. Here we go!

PS. Hey Cheney, you didn't get me!

PPS. 42 days to the World Cup! And 43 to USA v England!

11 Comments:

Blogger Tyler said...

That is so sick. What was on the flash drive?

11:59 AM  
Blogger Bonji said...

Damn, Brucio...you're a heavy hitter getting this kind of Nike attention. Well done. WELL DONE! My jealousy meter is at 100%.

12:04 PM  
Blogger PeterK said...

what no third shirt? the one red one with the blue stripe?

12:31 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

You live an awesome life Bruce.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Grego said...

Two jerseys and a briefcase that would be cool even if it wasn't customized to with the US soccer logo? Cheers man that is awesome

1:28 PM  
Blogger FC Denver said...

Congrats! Very Cool.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Martin Hajovsky said...

Brucio,

When you started this blog did you ever in your wildest dreams imagine that you would be in this position, getting a package like this from US Soccer?

(And the answer of course is "You bet I did! Why, I made myself a bargain that if I wasn't in this position by 2010, I would shave my beard and get a job selling insurance!")

All hail Il Brucio

2:50 PM  
Anonymous jamesey said...

sweet! I'm jealous!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

VERY VERY cool!!! What was on the flash drive? Did it self-destruct after you got the info?? Rock on! ~Carey http://www.farpostblog.com

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Sam said...

Bruce,

You're awesome. Glad you are getting some payback for all your awesome work.

The real question is- do they fit?

8:26 PM  
Blogger brucio said...

answer to anonymous sam: not a chance

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts