Tuesday, May 27, 2008

DuSouth

Greetings from Austin, TX. This is Dave Brett Wasser. You might know me from my soccer video collection DaveBrett.com. I do more than watch old games. I actually watch live games too. On Wednesday I'll be writing here on DuNord about the USA-England game. For those of you in Austin, I'll be at watching it at Fado's on 4th St. Feel free to say hello. I'm the guy with blue hair.

For those of you with nostalgia for the old days, all this week ESPN Classic is showing edited versions of old European Championship Finals. They are at 7:00 pm Eastern/6:00 Central. The games are edited to an hour. With the commercials, you get to see about half the game, which is not that bad. Hey, it's a lot better than most of the crap they show on ESPN Classic.

Tonight (Tuesday) is the 1976 European Championship. This was Czechoslovakia's first -- and last -- major championship. They beat the mighty Germans on penalty kicks. It's hard to believe that back in 1976 the European Championship only consisted of four teams. So there were two semfinal matches, the final, and a third place match. That's it. Oh, how times have changed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

erm...I think you meant DuSud. :)

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts