Friday, November 16, 2007

USA v South Africa Viewing Party In DC On MLS Cup Weekend

Attention all you readers who are going to be in DC for MLS Cup weekend. On the Saturday morning (the day before the final) we have set up a viewing party for the USA match in South Africa. The game kicks off at 9am eastern time. And you can join all your fellow fans for food and football. Doesn't get much better than that.

Here are the details:

event: South Africa v USA viewing party
date: Sat Nov 17
time: 9am eastern time kickoff, doors open at 8am
place: Summers
phone: 703-528-8278
location: 1520 N Court House Rd - Arlington VA
1 block from Courthouse Metro (Orange Line)
Corner of N Courthouse Rd & Wilson Blvd

MAP

I will be there with my crew, and D of the DCenters will be there with his gang. The fine folks at US Soccer helped make this happen for us! And some of them will be there too.

There may even be some surprise guests, but no guarantee's on that at all.

Let's make it a blog readers & writers love fest.

I am really looking forward to seeing all of you in DC next week.

NOTE: I am sure that some of you will be taking part in the Screaming Eagles organized Supporters Cup soccer tournament that morning, and they plan on having viewing of the game available there too. I don't intend this to tread on their party at all, cuz they do an awesome job. Just another option.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm there.

Matt D.
Fire Fan in Eagle Land

10:32 AM  
Blogger Kinney said...

I'm in like Flynn.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll try to be there!

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you wanted another option because of weather or some other reason ...?

4:50 AM  
Blogger Roehl Sybing said...

Thanks to Prairie for showing me where to go next Saturday morning. Will most likely be there!

10:45 PM  
Blogger brucio said...

exactly, tim

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can someone please explain to me why in the world that the MLS Cup is taking place at 11 AM on a SUNDAY?

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wished I still lived in the Courthouse area. The food at Summer's is lousy but they gained their fame for staying open 24 hours a day during World Cup 2002. It's still a good place to catch a soccer match. I would recommend for you all, after the USA - South Africa game, to head over to Kitty O'Sheas which is 1.5 blocks away and a truly great Arlington bar.

I won't be there on Saturday but hope to see everyone at RFK on Sunday! Vamos United! tambien, el dynamo

10:58 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

The 11am (CST) start is because ABC only had the 12pm (EST) time slot open and MLS or somebody didn't want the final on ESPN.

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That' right, because the NASCAR season finale is later that afternoon on ABC. I completely forgot that they had both contracts.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts