Thursday, August 02, 2007

Minneapolis Bridge Collapse

All is well.
All are well
Unbelievable.
I was near there when it went down.
It is very close to the University of Minnesota (where I work) on one side of the river and Metrodome on the other side of the river.
I use the Washington Street bridge and the Hennepin Avenue bridge twice a day and the bridge that went down is between them.
It happened at 6:05pm.
I was on Wash bridge at that time but I saw or heard nothing.
Then 10 minutes later there were emergency vehicles coming from every direction.
10 min after that I was on Henn bridge and saw all the black smoke.
Some one on the bus said the I-35 bridge has collapsed.
I didn't understand until about 6:45pm when I got home and turned on the TV.
I was stunned by what I saw.
It actually took me several minutes of looking at the pictures to orient myself and figure out just how bad it was.
It's bad.

Talk soon,
Bruce

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bruce,
Minneapolis is in our thoughts and prayers. Take care,
Ray Maloney

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your city is in my thoughts and prayers.

Matt L

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are okay.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am certainly glad that you are safe. I'm very sorry for all of suffering and pain for all the folks in that area.
makes soccer such a game at times like this.

C. Britt -Myrtle Beach

5:51 PM  
Blogger Matthew: said...

I go to school down at Gustavus, so this one has hit close to home. I haven't heard if anyone I know is affected by it. I'm glad to hear you're all right.

Matth

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeesh, glad to hear that you're okay. I'm keeping y'all in my prayers...

8:59 AM  
Blogger brucio said...

last night i got one of the facilities guys to let me climb the ladder up on to the roof of our building - about 5 stories up
and you can look right down at the river
again it took me a few minutes to orientate everything
cuz the bridge used to be at a certain height, and you are used to looking at it from that perspective
but its not there and it was at first hard to figure out what was bridge etc
it was an awesome sight
and i dont mean that in a good way
bruce

9:32 AM  
Blogger Lee Henshaw said...

Hello there,

I am the publicist for a company called vzaar.

At our website, vzaar.com, you can attach video to your eBay listings.

We’re currently have a video of the signed shirt that Moritz has donated to charity.

There are 8 days left until the bidding ends.

You can watch the video here.

http://vzaar.com/watch/ebay/128-team-signed-fulham-football-shirt-scarf-volz-charity?sorton=most_recent

I am writing to discover if you would consider writing a news story about the availability of this signed shirt, and including a link to the video.

You can use an embeded link if you wish to include the video in your story.

Kind Regards,

Lee Henshaw.

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts