Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Pre-empted

Hello folks,

I am sorry to say that there will be no du Nord today.

I was at my office, which is on a big college campus, and had pulled everything onto my hard drive to work on during a lunch break. I had then left the office for a short while to go get a slice of pizza. But when I came back, the building and those surrounding it were all cordoned off by police. There had been a bomb threat made on my work place and 6 others.
That was it, I wasn't getting back in today, and was sent home by the cops.
Every scrap of today's du Nord is sitting on a hard drive in that closed building.
Hopefully I will be able to go in tomorrow morning and post what I had finished.
Sorry.

On a side note, when I got home here, I turned on GolTV and have just seen one of the greatest goals I have ever laid eyes on.
It's the Spanish Copa Del Ray or Kings Cup.
Barcelona v Getafe.
At around the 30th minute Barca wonderboy Lionel Messi gets a pass just inside his own half of the field. He turns and weaves thru two defenders as he crosses midfield. He storms toward the goal and beats two more players. He slips back to the outside and past a 5th. He rounds the keeper, and then flicks the ball up and over a 7th sliding defender, and into the back of the net.
Unbelievable!
I have never seen anything like it, except on tapes.
This thing is huge!
It's monumental!
It's instantly legendary!
If Ray Hudson had been calling the game I think he just might have died of a heart attack as the happiest man of all time.
Unreal!
You have to go find a tape of it NOW.

And with that we'll see you tomorrow.

Adios,
Bruce

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a goal! The final touch outside the box is brilliant. Here is the video

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you say maradona

5:36 PM  
Blogger Matthew: said...

Wow. That's transcendental.

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CFN
Messi goal is pure greatness. I will await your postings Friday as I consider your's and SBI my "information super-highway"..

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going through du Nord blog withdrawal. Here's hoping there are no more bomb threats!

1. Shalrie Joseph ponders holdout

2. The Red Bulls have traded Wynne to the Toronto FC for a second round pick in the 2008 MLS Draft and a partial allocation

3. Austrian winger Markus Schopp underwent successful sports hernia surgery in Germany on Tuesday and is expected to miss two to four weeks.

4. TFC has dealt Richard Mulrooney to the Houston Dynamo for defender Kevin Goldthwaite and Houston's first round pick in 2008.

5. Toronto FC announced the signing of English striker Danny Dichio.

6:38 AM  
Blogger BlogAuthor said...

He trully is a small Maradona. He is starting to play better than Ronaldinho

6:41 AM  
Blogger brucio said...

thank you 12th man and bob

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts