Monday, February 26, 2007

Great "USA 1 - 1 Italy" Shirts For Sale

A du Nord reader from Columbus Ohio named David sent me this email about some shirts he made and is selling:

Were you, much like myself, in Germany last summer to cheer on the Yanks? Well, as disappointed as I was about the early exit, I was incredibly proud of our gutsy display against Italy, so when I got back to the states I got some t-shirts made to remember the occasion. I still have a few left (L and XL's). They cost me about $20 each to get made, so I've charged people $25 for them (which includes shipping). I'm not really making money on the idea, just wanted to memorialize one of the greatest night's in my life. It's a red T-shirt with navy blue rings around the sleeves and neck and it says on the shirt:

I Was There
Fritz-Walter Stadion
Kaiserslautern, Germany
USA 1 - Italy 1
"We tied with 9 Men"

I put the last quote on there b/c it was what me and my friends kept saying after the game as we were so thrilled to get a point off of Italy with 2 men sent off.

There is an image available of the shirts if you want to see it first. Just send an email and it will be sent to you.
Newer Posts Older Posts