Thursday, February 02, 2006

Oak Tree Savings & Loan News

-I am happy to announce that I am no longer having any trouble viewing video clips at the US Soccer site! Hooray USSF! Hooray Root Beer!
-Clint Dempsey, of Nacogdoches, New England & USA fame is DEUCE! See his debut video "Don't Tread" via Nike Soccer. Daniel Hernandez and Eddie Johnson bob their heads along in the background. I gotta say that even though it's great he is doing this, I wish the song & video were a little less cliched. Oh well, guess he's just gonna halfta call me to produce and direct the next one. And RIP Fat Pat.
-This is not brand new info, but I wanted to acknowledge a young player from Richfield (a Minneapolis suburb) who is now in the US Soccer Residency program in Bradenton FL. His name is Abdu Ibrahim. He played forward for Wings SC & Richfield High School, and scored for US U17 in his debut a couple weeks back! Go Abdu Go!
-UEFA.com profiles Portsmouth's new potential star midfielder Andres D'Alessandro of Argentina.
-Not surprisingly, Newcastle gave bossman Graeme Souness the boot today after getting the snot kicked out of 'em 3-0 last night by Man City. The club will temporarily replace him with the tag team of Glenn Roeder and Alan Shearer(!).
-Brad Friedel and Blackburn beat Manchester United for the second time this season 4-3. Man U's Rio Ferdinand got a red card. Man U are now 15 points behind Chelsea. How many ways can you say, "It's over."
-The other star USA goalkeeper Kasey Keller signed a one year extension to his contract with Moenchengladbach and will be with them until the end of the 06/07 season.
-Michael Lewis at Big Apple Soccer talks to Youri Djorkaeff about why he loves New York.
-Thunder leader Amos Magee checks in for the 3rd time during his fact finding trip to Portugal.
-Chris Carrieri is gonna get another shot at MLS fame. He is currently on trial with Columbus during their preseason, after playing for Richmond of the First Division last year.
-Bernardo Fallas reports on the first ever practice session for Houston 1836.
-Mexico's Premier Division plays midweek games last night and tonite. Last seasons champs from Toluca sit at 3-0-0 along with Tecos. Scores and matches:
Chiapas 1-1 San Luis
Toluca 2-1 Veracruz
UNAM Pumas 0-0 Necaxa
Atlas 1-0 Monterrey
UANL Tigres 1-0 Santos
UAdG Tecos 2-1 Cruz Azul
Thursday
Atlante v Guadalajara
Morelia v Pachuca
Sinaloa Dorados v America
-African Cup of Nations group stages are completed. The Quarterfinals start Friday. Here are the match ups:
Friday
Q1 - Guinea v Senegal
Q2 - Egypt v Congo
Saturday
Q3 - Nigeria v Tunisia
Q4 - Cameroon v Ivory Coast
Semifinals will be next week on Tuesday.
- 2 matches were played last night and the next two nights will conclude the final round (La Primera Fase) of qualifying for la Copa Libertadores. This is the second of two legged playoffs for 12 teams to fill the last 6 spots of the upcoming group stages. Here are those scores & matches:
Wednesday scores:
Deportivo Tachira 2-4 Palmeiras - for group 7 - Palm wins 6-2
Goias EC 3-0 Deportivo Cuenca - for group 3 - Goias wins 4-1
Thursday matches:
Independiente Santa Fe - Defensor Sporting - for group 2 - tied 2-2
Oriente Petrolero - River Plate - for group 8 - River leads 6-0
The Copa then kicks off next week in full bloom.
-In the Italian TIM Cup Quarterfinal second leg Palermo upset Milan 3-0 to win 3-1 on aggregate.
Last nights scores:
Sampdoria 2-2 Udinese - ends tied at 3-3, with Udi advancing on 2 aways goals to Samp's 1
Roma 0-1 Juventus - ends tied 3-3, but Roma wins with 3 away goals to Juve's 1
Thurs night is the last quarterfinal:
Inter v Lazio - tied at 1-1

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Dempsey video is a joke. Nike is usually on point with their marketing but this is ridiculous. At one point Clint says something about being paid enough through soccer to buy lots of 'ice.' Is this serious? Do they really think inner-city kids will see this and say--'damn man this soccer game is cool! you get paid!'
I'm embarrassed as a soccer fan...

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite verse:

"Hataz want to hate, but man I'm feelin' great, thanks to SOCCER I'm 'round more ice than a hockey skate. More cash up in the bank, no need for ya'll to rake. I done took the yard and threw the trash away...Don't get it twisted, we stackin' up wealth, you think we trippin'? Check the stats yourself. I love the S-O-C-C-E to the R. It makes me act silly like a can tryin' to be a jar. Look to the stars, and you see ya fate. You gonna take this game of balls to every sports bar, it's great!"

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the U.S. Soccer is working again for you. I am so glad to announce that it now DOES NOT work for me again. Seems U.S. Soccer can't make Monsieur Wolf and bq happy at the same time. Bummer for me man.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Dr Purva Pius said...

I’m Charles David by name, i want to use this medium to alert all loan seekers to be very careful because there are scam everywhere, Few months ago I was financially strained, and due to my desperation I was scammed by several online lenders. I had almost lost hope until a friend of mine referred me to a very reliable lender called Dr Purva Pius ( A God fearing man) who lend me a loan of $237,000 under 72 working hours without any stress. I explain to the company by mail and all they told me was to cry no more because i will get my loan from this company and also i have made the right choice of contacting them i filled the loan application form and proceeded with all that was requested of me and to my shock I was given the loan, If you are in need of any kind of loan just contact him now via: {urgentloan22@gmail.com}

I‘m using this medium to alert all loan seekers because of the hell I passed through in the hands of those fraudulent lenders.

Thanks you Dr Purva Pius Loan service for your help.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts